Nov 16, 2022
DO NOT CHANGE AN EXISTING INCORRECT MLS ID THAT HAS BEEN SYNCED TO THE MLS. The reason for this is that this type of change actually creates a second record in the MLS system, and can cause listings to be spread across two different MLS IDs/accounts, creating more confusion and issues.
To fix an incorrect MLS ID:
- Create a new GrowthZone record for the agent with the correct MLS ID. This record really only needs the agent name and the MLS ID set; nothing else needs to be in this new record.
- Mark the "Sync to MLS" option on the new record. Click Done to save.
- Confirm that the new record has synced to the MLS. (Check the appropriate MLS documentation to determine how often the MLS syncs.)
- When you have verified that the new record has synced with the MLS, turn off the MLS sync on the new record by clearing the "Sync to MLS" checkbox. Click Done to save.
- Open the previous (incorrect) record for that agent and turn off the MLS sync for that record by clearing the "Sync to MLS" checkbox in the MLS Information section of the Real Estate tab. Click Done to save.
- Go to the purple Actions button on the far right and select "Merge Contact".
- In the "Destination" field, type the name of the agent and select the contact.
- Review the "Fields to Merge" options and verify that the Data Source is set to use the correct record! By default the fields are set to "Use Destination"; change the selection to "Use Current Contact" as needed. Click Done to save.
This process will correctly update the MLS with a new, correct record for the agent. You can now log into the MLS directly to perform any cleanup. This step cannot be done in GrowthZone, it MUST be done in the MLS directly.
|IMPORTANT!!! YOU WILL HAVE TO LOG IN TO THE MLS TO PERFORM ANY CLEANUP, SUCH AS INACTIVATING THE INCORRECT AGENT RECORD, REASSIGNING LISTINGS TO THE CORRECT AGENT RECORD, ETC.|