Mistakes do happen; sometimes an existing agent is given a new Flex ID number. After the number has been assigned, GrowthZone is unable to change it- this is because Flex does not allow GrowthZone to edit the field once it is populated. DO NOT CHANGE AN EXISTING INCORRECT MLS ID THAT HAS BEEN SYNCED TO THE MLS. The reason for this is that this type of change actually creates a second record in the MLS system, and can cause listings to be spread across two different MLS IDs/accounts, creating more confusion and issues.
Here is how you can "fix" an agent's Flex ID number if it is wrong.
To fix an incorrect NRDS number:
- Create a new GrowthZone record for the agent. NOTE: This new record really only needs the agent's first and last name and the correct Flex ID; nothing else needs to be entered. (In a future step we will populate this record with data.)
Did You Know? When creating the new record, if you add a "1" at the end of the last name, it will avoid the system prompt to match with the previous record.
- Enable the "Sync to MLS" option in the Real Estate tab on the new record. Click Done to save.
- Confirm that the new record has synced to Flex by checking the "Last
- When you have verified that the new record has synced with Flex, turn off the sync on the new record by clearing the "Sync to MLS" checkbox in the MLS Information section of the Real Estate tab. Click Done to save.
- Open the previous (incorrect) record for that agent and turn off the sync for that record by clearing the "Sync to MLS" checkbox in the MLS Information section of the Real Estate tab. Click Done to save.
- Go to the purple Actions button on the far right and select "Merge Contact".
- In the "Destination" field, type the name of the agent and select their previous/incorrect record.
- Review the "Fields to Merge" options. By default the Data Source will be set to "Use Destination"; change the selection to "Use Current Contact" as needed (i.e. for all Flex-based info, or any other fields as determined by you).
IMPORTANT: Your list of fields may differ from the example. Please review these fields CAREFULLY to determine the appropriate Data Source for each one!
- Once the data sources have been reviewed and all fields verified as correct for the merge, click Done to save.
Best Practice: review this final merged record for data consistency; there may be some cleanup involved after the merge of the two records. Please review all data in the new record and verify with the agent which data should be marked as default or needs to be updated, and ensure that any/all syncs are set correctly.
|IMPORTANT!!! YOU WILL HAVE TO LOG IN TO FLEX TO PERFORM ANY CLEANUP, SUCH AS INACTIVATING THE INCORRECT AGENT RECORD, REASSIGNING LISTINGS TO THE CORRECT AGENT RECORD, ETC.