Mar 20, 2023
- Click Setup in the Navigation panel.
- Click Types in the Memberships section. A list of membership types currently setup in your system will be displayed.
- Click the Add button.
- On the Add Membership Type screen, configure the following:
- Name - Enter a name for the new membership type. This is the name that will appear on you member application, as well as within in the database where you may choose a membership type, filter by membership type, report on membership type, etc.
- Inheritance Type - This selection allows you to determine if an organization membership should be inherited by the staff of that organization. Choose Full Inheritance if staff should benefit from the membership. Choose Owner Only if the staff should not benefit from the membership. View our How it Works session for more details.
- Term/Length(Months) - Enter the duration of this membership, in months. The default is set to 12 months.
- Owned By - This setting allows you to set this membership type as either organization or individual level. If Business is selected, invoices will billed to the organization; if Individual is selected; invoices will be billed to the individual.
- Membership Category - Membership Categories provide a way to further filter and report on your membership types. Select a Membership Category from the drop-down list, or click the plus sign to add a new membership category.
- Is Active - enable this option to activate the Membership Type. Best practice, when no longer using a Membership Type, is to de-activate.
- (Optional) Calendar Year Renewal - These options allow you to manage when your renewals will occur and manage prorating your fees.
- Renewal Options:
- Manually Ended: Select this option if you wish to create invoices and manually drop a member if the invoice is not paid.
- Automatically Expires: When this option is selected, choose the desired End Type:
- Invoice: Define the Grace Period. If the invoice is not paid by the end of the grace period, the system will automatically drop the member. See Membership Auto-drop for further details.
- Renew Everyone On: This setting allows you to establish the renewal date to be applied to all members. The default is On Anniversary Date. The membership Setting "Enforce Date Rules on Fixed Renewal Month Memberships" will drive whether changes can be made to fixed renewal dates. See Global Membership Settings for more detail.
- Start Date (ADVANCED OPTION): This option allows you to set the start date of the membership. If you wish the start date to be the join date, select Join Date. Alternately, you can select 1st of Current Month. This will set the membership start date of a new membership to be the first of the current month. For Example: If a members joins the association on November 11th, join date would be rounded to November 1st and membership would expire on October 31, 2021.
- Expiration Date (ADVANCED OPTION): Select this option to set the expiration date of a new membership to be the last day of the month at the end of the membership term. For Example: If a new member joins the association on November 11, 2020, the membership expiration date would be rounded to the end of the current month plus the membership term. So my membership would expire on November 30, 2021 and the membership would renew on December 1, 2021.
- Add to List: If you wish to add a new member automatically to specific lists, choose the desired lists from the drop-down.
- Project Templates: If you are subscribed to the Projects/Tasks module, you are able to have a specific project template automatically applied when a member joins through the membership application OR when a membership is added through the back office. This can save staff time from having to remember to apply a project to each new member. See Set up Project Templates for more information on project templates.
- Description: Provide description of the membership type. This description may be displayed on your web-site. You may use the standard word processing icons (i.e. bolding, italicizing, etc.) to format the text. You may also add images and/or links to the description.
- Click Done.
Once you have created your membership types, you may wish to: